PASTA AGLIO OLIO
THE EARTHY, THE PUNGENT & THE SLIGHTLY SPICY
La "PASTA AGLIO OLIO E PEPERONCINO" (Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Chili Pepper) is a staple of the Italian cuisine! It takes its origin from Partenopian culture ( Naples ) and then it spreads out all over Italy, becoming one of the most popular plates of the Italian tradition. It takes its origins from two recipes used by the Nobility (Italian wealthy social class). It is basically a humble version of "Spaghetti alle Vongole" ( Spaghetti with clams ) or "Spaghetti ai Frutti di Mare" ( Spaghetti with sea fruits ). Once, the plate was known as "Spaghetti con le Vongole Fujute" that means literally spaghetti with clams run away. In a modern version, parsley was substituted by chili peppers.
ALL THE AUTHENTIC INGREDIENTS AND HOW-TOS TO BE A GREAT ITALIAN COOK IN 30 MINS
We bring from Italy to your kitchen the best high-quality Gourmet ingredients to make this recipe.
COOK TIME :
PREP TIME :
up to 4 people
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
5 High-quality Artisanal Ingredients from Italy.
The History of this Recipe.
Curiosities, Tips & Tricks.
Pasta Aglio, Olio & Peperoncino
Each serves up to 4 People
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil (in the meanwhile you can make the sauce).
2. Peel the garlic (2 Cloves per person). Depending on the intensity you want, crush it, diced it or minced it. Original recipe: Diced garlic.
3. In a sautè pan (large enough to hold the pasta, such as a 12-inch one) put garlic and extra virgin olive oil (4 tablespoons/person). Stir in medium heat until the garlic is slightly golden. For a medium spicy level, mince chili pepper and add it (1 teaspoon/person). Cook for 2 min more (or less) then turn the heat off. The more you cook chili, the more the sauce will be spicy.
5. Add salt to boiling water, we suggest 2 tbsp for a large pot. Add pasta (7 oz per person), stir until submerged. During cooking, stir at least twice. Save a cup of cooking water & drain pasta.
6. Drain pasta “al dente” (literally at “tooth”, this means that pasta is still a little bit hard. Pasta is al dente about 4 mins before packaging directions).Pour immediately pasta into the Sauce Pan to avoid it sticks and toss with the sauce. Simmer for other 2 mins. If necessary, so if pasta is going to be dry, add gradually pasta cooking water. Furthermore, if pasta is not “ Sciuliariello” add more EVOO.
TIME TO SERVE & DECORE
Now is time to serve pasta. Point a fork into the pan. Twist the fork in circles and create a big bundle. Put the bundle in the plate. If you want the Neapolitan recipe, add chopped parsley on top. If you want the Italian Traditional version, sprinkle minced chili pepper and parmesan on top!
Enjoy with someone you care about and share your pictures with us #usitalianfood