Spaghetti Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino
OLIVE OIL, GARLI, CHILI PEPPER PASTA KIT
The Earthy, The Pungent & The Slightly Spicy
La "PASTA AGLIO OLIO E PEPERONCINO" (Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Chili Pepper) is a staple of the Italian cuisine! It takes its origin from Partenopian culture ( Naples ) and then it spreads out all over Italy, becoming one of the most popular plates of the Italian tradition. It takes its origins from two recipes used by the Nobility (Italian wealthy social class). It is basically a humble version of "Spaghetti alle Vongole" ( Spaghetti with clams ) or "Spaghetti ai Frutti di Mare" ( Spaghetti with sea fruits ). Once, the plate was known as "Spaghetti con le Vongole Fujute" that means literally spaghetti with clams run away. In a modern version, parsley was substituted by chili peppers.
(FINALLY) You can cook an Italian Dish in LESS Than 15 min with the FINEST ITALIAN PRODUCTS
GARLIC, OLIVE OIL CHILLY PEPPER PASTA KIT
We bring from Italy to your kitchen the best high-quality Gourmet Artisanal Ingredients.
Ingredients Notes |
Each serves up to 4 People
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Artisanal Spaghetti made with Sicilian Ancient Grains, 500 gr | 17.6 oz | Pastificio Minardo. Pasta made with Ancient Grains has naturally a weaker Gluten variety.
Traditional Bruschetta with Organic fresh tomatoes, basil and garlic.
Extra Virgin Olive oil PDO, 3,38 fl oz | Frantoi Cutrera
Crushed Sicilian Chili pepper, 0.88 oz | Gli Aromi di Russino
Artisanal "Chilli Pepper" Modica Chocolate. Bean to Bar 50% cocoa beans , 2,5 oz | Donna Elvira Dolceria
OUR TIPS TO GET AN EXCELLENT RESULT
1. Pasta “al Dente”. “Al Dente” is the Italian slang for “cooked so as to be still firm when bitten”. Pasta cooking time it’s variable (humidity, pasta shape) sobite a piece of pasta after 8-9 mins to check if it has "Al dente" consistency. You will get better with practicing.
2. Mix Pasta and sauce in the sautè pan. Drain pasta “al dente” and mix with the other ingredients in the sautè pan until well combined (this is called Risottare).
3. Top Quality Ingredients: don’t worry, we took care of it.
MAKE THE AGLIO, OLIO AND PEPERONCINO CONDIMENT
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil (in the meanwhile you can make the sauce).
2. Peel the garlic (2 Cloves per person). Depending on the intensity you want, crush it, diced it or minced it. Original recipe: Diced garlic.
3. In a sautè pan (large enough to hold the pasta, such as a 12-inch one) put garlic and extra virgin olive oil (4 tablespoons/person). Stir in medium heat until the garlic is slightly golden. For a medium spicy level, mince chili pepper and add it (1 teaspoon/person). Cook for 2 min more (or less) then turn the heat off. The more you cook chili, the more the sauce will be spicy.
COOK PASTA AND MIX IT WITH THE SAUCE
5. Add salt to boiling water, we suggest 2 tbsp for a large pot. Add pasta (7 oz per person), stir until submerged. During cooking, stir at least twice. Save a cup of cooking water & drain pasta.
6. Drain pasta “al dente” (literally at “tooth”, this means that pasta is still a little bit hard. Pasta is al dente about 4 mins before packaging directions).Pour immediately pasta into the Sauce Pan to avoid it sticks and toss with the sauce. Simmer for other 2 mins. If necessary, so if pasta is going to be dry, add gradually pasta cooking water. Furthermore, if pasta is not “ Sciuliariello” add more EVOO.
TIME TO SERVE AND DECORE
Now is time to serve pasta. Point a fork into the pan. Twist the fork in circles and create a big bundle. Put the bundle in the plate. If you want the Neapolitan recipe, add chopped parsley on top. If you want the Italian Traditional version, sprinkle minced chili pepper and parmesan on top!
ENJOY WITH YOUR LOVED ONES & Buon Appetito!
Would you like to make it at home? Order the KIT BOX and Follow the Directions!
Our promise: Few High-Quality Local Ingredients and the Most Authentic Taste.
All Our Meal Kits