Penne al Pesto Siciliano di Basilico
THE SICILIAN BASIL PESTO KIT
The Sicilian Version of Basil Pesto
THE TRADITION AND ITS VARIANTS
Traditional Basil Pesto is from Genova. It is paired with Trofie (a pasta shape similar to Fusilli). The Traditional Recipe has Basil, Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Parmesan Cheese, Pecorino Cheese, Pine Nuts, and Salt.
In every Italian Region, there is a variant, made with few different ingredients, depending on what offers the territory.
Sicily is famous to produce the most prestigious Almonds of the world called (Pizzuta di Avola). All almonds that grow in Sicily have naturally a hard shell that protects the fruit from fungus and mycotoxins. Moreover, the dry and sunny Sicilian Climate allows And almonds in general, grow spontaneously with the dry climate and with a solid shell that preserves
(FINALLY) You can cook an Italian Dish in LESS Than 15 min with the FINEST ITALIAN PRODUCTS
THE SICILIAN BASIL PESTO KIT
We bring from Italy to your kitchen the best high-quality Gourmet Artisanal Ingredients.
Ingredients Notes |
As we already told you, in every Italian Region, there is a variant made with few different ingredients, depending on what offers the territory.
This pesto is made with three staples of the PDO (Protected Designation of origin) formaggio Cosacavaddu, mandorla siciliana, pistacchio siciliano,
Each serves up to 4 People
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
FROM OUR KITCHEN
1 lb Sicilian Ancient Grains Fusilli
Sicilian Basil pesto
FROM YOUR KITCHEN
OUR TIPS TO GET AN EXCELLENT RESULT
1. Pasta “al Dente”. “Al Dente” is the Italian slang for “cooked so as to be still firm when bitten”. Pasta cooking time it’s variable (humidity, pasta shape) sobite a piece of pasta after 8-9 mins to check if it has "Al dente" consistency. You will get better with practicing.
2. Mix Pasta and sauce in the sautè pan. Drain pasta “al dente” and mix with the other ingredients in the sautè pan until well combined (this is called Risottare).
3. Top Quality Ingredients: don’t worry, we took care of it.
COOK PASTA AND WARM THE SAUCE
1. Bring a large pot (10 in diameter) of water to a boil 1lt ( 36fl oz) each 3.5oz.
2. Add Salt (7gr per liter) and add pasta and stir gently to prevent sticking.
3. Pour Pesto in a Bowl and add 1 tbsp of cooking water to get a silky texture.
DRAIN AND MIX PASTA WITH THE SAUCE
4. Check after 8-9 mins for the "Al dente" consistency. Drain pasta “al dente” and save a cup of water (you may need it to get a sauce with a more silky texture.
5. Pour immediately pasta into the Bowl to avoid sticking, then mix it with the pesto. If necessary, add further pasta water. Do not overcook pasta. Serve it still “Al Dente”.
6. Pour pasta into a serving plate. Our plates are handmade and handpainted in Caltagirone, according with an old tradition. They are available on our website.
HOW TO PRESENT AND SERVE YOUR PLATE
7. Add Fresh Basil to decor your plate.
8. While you serve the dish, bring to the table a small jar with grated PDO Parmigiano
Cheese or PDO Pecorino Romano.
9. Our moms use to bring to the table also a small jar with chopped, toasted almonds
to sprinkle on top.
ENJOY WITH YOUR LOVED ONES & Buon Appetito!
Would you like to make it at home? Order the KIT BOX and Follow the Directions!
Our promise: Few High-Quality Local Ingredients and the Most Authentic Taste.
All Our Meal Kits