Pasta con le "Sarde a Mare"
PASTA WITH "SARDNES IN THE SEA" KIT
The Golden, The Wild & The Crispy
"PASTA CON LE SARDE" is a historic Sicilian dish and one of the most appreciated of Italian cuisine. A triumph of Mediterranean flavors. Its taste is hard to explain because of the unique combination of savory and sweet ingredients. The result is unforgettable.
The best time to enjoy this delicacy goes from March to September, when Sicily is plenty of wild fennel and the sardines are swimming close to the coast. Traditionally it is enjoyed for St. Joseph's Day (March 19 - the Italian father's day). A fascinating fact is that Pasta con le Sarde was invented.... by accident ( more details inside the KIT box).
Pasta con le Sarde encloses the essence of the Mediterranean's largest island in a recipe!
Going back to its unique flavor, this dish is the incredible and perfect balance among the bluefish, so abundant in the Mediterranean Sea, the slightly bitter and musty taste of wild green fennel that grows in the Sicilian countryside, further enriched by Arabian ingredients, imported by the Arabs in the IX century BC such as saffron, pine nuts and sultanas. Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Pasta blend these flavors one with another. The result is one of the easiest to make and tasteful dishes of the Italian traditional cuisine.
(FINALLY) You can cook an Italian Dish in LESS Than 15 min with the FINEST ITALIAN PRODUCTS
PASTA WITH "SARDINES IN THE SEA" KIT
We bring from Italy to your kitchen the best high-quality Gourmet Artisanal Ingredients.
Ingredients Notes |
Each serves up to 4 People
Prep Time: 7 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
OUR TIPS TO GET AN EXCELLENT RESULT
1. Pasta “al Dente”. “Al Dente” is the Italian slang for “cooked so as to be still firm when bitten”. Pasta cooking time it’s variable (humidity, pasta shape) sobite a piece of pasta after 8-9 mins to check if it has "Al dente" consistency. You will get better with practicing.
2. Mix Pasta and sauce in the sautè pan. Drain pasta “al dente” and mix with the other ingredients in the sautè pan until well combined (this is called Risottare).
3. Top Quality Ingredients: don’t worry, we took care of it.
PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS AND MAKE THE SAUCE
1. Cut 1 Scallion. Start trimming off the stringy root ends by slicing about 1/8 to 1/4 inch above the roots. Discard the roots. Trim about 2 inches from the green tops. Discard the trimmed tops.
2. Soak Raisins in warm water (1.8 oz).
3. Toast pine nuts (1.8 oz) in a dry skillet over medium heat. Stir frequently, cook until they turn golden brown (3-5 mins). Take them off the heat, put in a bowl.
COOK PASTA AND MIX IT WITH THE SAUCE
4. In a pan, toast over medium heat, 10 oz of breadcrumb with 1 tablespoon of 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Toss often until crunchy and golden brown (about 5 minutes). Be careful, in the last phase, the breadcrumb becomes golden-brown very quickly. Put it aside, you'll need it to in the last phases of this recipe.
5. Now you can place a large pot filled with water over medium heat (this is where you are going to cook pasta). Then start making the sauce (you can use the same pan you've used in the previous steps).
6. In a sauté pan, add one tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and scallion. Cook, stirring occasionally for 2 mins.
HOW TO PRESENT YOUR PLATE
12. Place on top the sauce left in the pan (this is the best and tasteful part).
13. Clean the plate if necessary.
14. Sprinkle Breadcrumb on top. Sprinkle raisins and pine nuts.
15. Place the anchovy on every plate. Decore with fresh or dry wild fennel.
ENJOY WITH YOUR LOVED ONES & Buon Appetito!
Would you like to make it at home? Order the KIT BOX and Follow the Directions!
Our promise: Few High-Quality Local Ingredients and the Most Authentic Taste.
All Our Meal Kits