PASTA CO MACCU
Broad Bean Puree Pasta
This peculiar Sauce was born as a humble version of the traditional “Sugo”, a pork sauce from the South of Sicily. Farmers could not afford pork meat, so they replicated the flavors and smell, in an affordable version, using the same seasoning. Mostly fennel seeds and sage leaves. The result is a vegetarian sauce that taste like a true pork sauce.
We suggest adding fresh marjoram because it reminds us the taste of ravioli. In Sicily, we use to eat ravioli with this Pork Sauce. Ravioli are stuffed with a mix of ricotta cheese, sugar and marjoram.
(FINALLY) YOU CAN MAKE AN ITALIAN PASTA WITH TWO OF THE BEST ITALIAN PRODUCTS IN LESS THAN 15 MIN
We bring from Italy to your kitchen the best high-quality Gourmet ingredients, you enjoy the moment.
LOCAL ITALIAN FOOD
COOK TIME :
PREP TIME :
up to 4 people
COSA CONTIENE | WHAT'S INSIDE
- FARMER SAUCE
- GAROFALO PASTA
LOOK AT THE VIDEO RECIPE. ISN'T THAT AMAZING?
Would you like to make it at home? Order the KIT BOX and Follow the Direction Inside!
Our promise: Few High-Quality Local Ingredients and the Most Authentic Taste.
COOK PASTA AND WARM THE SAUCE
1. Add salt to boiling water, we suggest 1 tbsp for a large pot.
2. Add pasta. During cooking stir every so often to prevent sticking.
3. In a sauté pan warm over low heat the Macco di Fave. Add some Pasta cooking water to the Jar, close the jar with the Lid, shake it in order to get all the Puree. Stir occasionally for 3 minutes.
DRAIN AND MIX PASTA WITH THE SAUCE
4. Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a Wild Fennel Frond.
5. Drain pasta “al dente” and save a cup of water (you can use it if you want your sauce with a more silky texture).
6. Pour immediately pasta into the Sauce Pan to avoid it sticks, then mix it with the sauce for 1 min. If necessary, add further pasta water. Do not overcook pasta. Serve it still “Al Dente”.
HOW TO PRESENT YOUR PLATE
7. Pour Pasta into a plate
8. Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil
9. Decore with a Wild Fennel Frond or Dill
Enjoy with your Loved Ones & Buon Appetito!